The Virginia Talent Accelerator Program is seeking an Instructional Designer to help create highly customized and engaging training deliverables as part of a new world-class Talent Solutions Division within VEDP. Operated by the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP), the Virginia Talent Accelerator Program provides fully customized talent acquisition and training solutions at no cost to qualified new and expanding companies as an incentive for job creation.
The core deliverables for this position will be new-hire training modules that are fully customized to a client company’s unique processes, equipment, procedures and standards.
This position offers a rare and exciting opportunity to work on multiple projects with the world’s most prestigious manufacturing companies as they deploy leading-edge technologies at their new or expanding Virginia locations. In addition to creating compelling training programs, the instructional designer will have the ability to incorporate the latest technologies in design along with serving in a client facing role to deliver to a target audience.
You will do this as an employee of VEDP, which offers a highly attractive compensation package, featuring a defined benefit retirement program that fully vests in just five years.
The position reports directly to the Managing Director of Project Operations, Talent Solutions, and will be based in the southwest region of Virginia with required travel to client locations.
- Proficiency in designing, creating and/or facilitating training courses for new hire scenarios, including OJT or related experience
- Excels under pressure, in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment
- Enjoys meeting needs/deadlines of internal and external customers
- Extensive knowledge of eLearning methods and practices
- Manufacturing operations background is helpful
- Significant instructional design experience in a general manufacturing operation
- At least 3 years of experience of training facilitation, preferably in a manufacturing or corporate environment
- Experience in project management with cross-functional teams (internal/external)
- Experience developing and delivering training using eLearning and preferably AR or VR technologies
- Private-sector experience working in and/or with large, multinational firm(s) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; advanced degree is a plus
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A valid Virginia driver’s license is required. Application deadline: August 13, 2021.
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or email@example.com. TDD 1-800-828-1120.