Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is intended to provide facility personnel the requisite skills and knowledge to help mitigate/eliminate problems and chronic failures they experience every day on the job. This stackable certification provides
foundational RCA training for Process Improvement and Kaizen Event Team Leaders, Supervisors, and TPM Coordinators.
Attendees are provided instruction on a unique 4-step process that guides them through the technique of solving programs and failures down to their root causes using real world examples. In addition, RCA details guidelines for the support mechanisms necessary to implement countermeasures for those identified root causes.
Because of its modular design, RCA utilizes examples of the different types of failures that are experienced by various organizations and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of facilities.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different Problem Solving Methods
- Identify the process used for structured problem solving
- Devise a data collection strategy for the analysis effort
- Use the 5Ps to determine the information needed to solve failures and problems
- Define the elements that comprise a logic tree
- Identify the two elements that form the TOP BOX of a logic tree
- Use logic trees to solve failures and problems down to their root causes
- Generate countermeasures to mitigate/eliminate identified root causes of failures
- Obtain the required support to implement recommendations that will mitigate/eliminate failures
The Root Cause Analysis Certificate Program is administered during a half-day program with an instructional presentation and interactive, practical exercises.